How Perkbox can help attract talent
Attraction versus Recruitment
Attraction is very different to recruitment – a distinction that's never been so important to make. Businesses compete for best fit candidates, especially in highly competitive markets. So it's important to understand what will attract job seekers and the expectations that they may have.
Imagine two similar jobs are being advertised. The first offers a great company culture, training opportunities, competitive pay, team days out and helpful leadership. The second outlines a job description and a competitive pay.
The American Psychological Association found that 89% of workers with leadership support are more likely to recommend their company as a good place to work. It's essential, however, that the job advertised in the description is true – fabricating it will only create a bad reputation.
Additionally, websites like Glassdoor make it possible for jobseekers to investigate company reviews before joining, so it's essential to preach what you practice when attracting prospective candidates.
What do employees want?
It comes as no surprise that companies such as Google hold a rating of 4.4/5 on Glassdoor, with 92% of reviewers saying they would recommend the company.
In what has been a tough job market, employers are struggling to meet the expectations of jobseekers. A study by Glassdoor found that 57% of respondents said benefits and perks play a major role when deciding whether to pursue a particular job.
With Google offering napping pods and free food, Amazon trialling a 30-hour work week, Airbnb giving their employees $2,000 a year to travel, and Netflix offering one year of parental leave, it's clear the average organisation could be doing more in the benefits department.
- Work-life balance: A recent survey by Deloitte found that, second to salary, work-life balance is the deciding factor when selecting a new job. So ensure employees' workload are manageable within their working hours and offering flexible working where possible.
- Learning and development: A Gallup poll found that 87% of millennials said development is important in a job. It's essential that employers adapt and offer learning and development opportunities before their millennial staff look elsewhere.
- Inclusion: This means letting employees know their worth within their team – and where possible involving them in key business decisions.
- Rewards and recognition: Employees need to feel recognised for the work they put in, or else motivation and engagement levels can drop. Bupa found almost half of UK employees admit holding back effort at work because they feel it will not be recognised. Recognition is not only desired by peers but also from management and leadership.
The Top 10 Work Benefits
Reboot Online Marketing's study asked respondents to list their most valued benefits and incentives, which ranked as follows:
- Job related training courses (60%)
- Flexible working (58%)
- More holiday allowance (55%)
- Greater responsibility (50%)
- Partial travel reimbursement (45%)
- Involvement in side projects (35%)
- Monthly socials (33%)
- Early finish (30%)
- Gym membership (25%)
- Weekly lunches (20%)
How Perkbox can help?
These days, a job’s about more than just a salary. Your employees want to know their hard work is valued too.
Perkbox helps you offer your team something a bit different – something that sets your business apart from the competition.
We believe happiness means delivering a better quality of life for everyone in your team. We offer great perks and discounts, rewards and recognition, health and wellness, flexible customisation tools and more. Read on for a taster of each.
Financial wellness with Perkbox
Perkbox makes your employees’ paychecks go further. Our users receive unlimited access to discounts and freebies from hundreds of big name brands across a number of different categories, from food and drink to travel. These discount can be shared with family members and friends, promoting inclusive and fulfilling experiences.
Recognise the exceptional
Perkbox users are able to share recognition, both peer-to-peer and top-down, by:
- Issuing badges for every occasion, from project milestones to daily successes
- Customising recognition for company-specific goals
- Tracking how they match up with their peers on a recognition leaderboard
Reward your top achievers
Incentivise your team and say thanks for their hard work by rewarding premium products and services to individual members. Managers are able to:
- Issue real-time reward and recognition that suits every budget, from a $20 bottle of champagne to a skydiving experience
- Set performance-based reward incentives for those achieving the goals you set
Mental and physical wellness with Perkbox
As HR’s latest adage goes, healthy employees are happy employees. That’s why mental and physical wellness incentives are one of the three employee engagement pillars of the Perkbox proposition.
To find out more about Perkbox, book a chat with one of our Happiness Experts.