What are web cookies?
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To let you do things on our Website – for example, cookies enable you to log in to secure areas of our website.
- To collect anonymous statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, it is really useful to see which pages of the website – and therefore which of our services – are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
- To improve your experience of our website – for example, to prevent you having to re-enter details when you have already done so, or by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Measuring how cost-effective our advertising is – we need to watch our advertising spend carefully. Cookies are used to help us see how many people who click our adverts go on to do something further and to help make advertising content more relevant to your interests.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising (our own and that of our partners) displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information (in an anonymised form) with third parties for this purpose.
Similarly, some of the advertising that is displayed on our own Websites may have been chosen for you based on your browsing of third party Websites. We do not set these cookies ourselves and so cannot control when and how they are set on your computer or other device. You may be able to express certain preferences about online behavioural advertising on this website: www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Website cookie acceptance
Turning cookies off
You may opt-out of Google’s analytics cookies by visiting Google’s opt-out page - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
Version 29 June 2022